Friday, June 22, 2007

Updates, lots of updates

Between the demands of work, training and completing my first bicycle century and a recent death in the family, I've had the attention span of a stunned goldfish when it comes to knitting. And yes, I've also been neglecting my blogging duties.

Since I needed some easier knitting, I made Glampyre's One Skein Wonder out 2 skeins of Debbie Bliss Cathay I had the stash.
Other than compensating for a different gauge and making the border ribbing shorter than called for in the pattern (I was running out of yarn), I substituted Open Honeycomb stitch for seed stitch on the cap sleeves. What would I do without stitch dictionaries?

The sleeve details show up better in this photo.
Overall, I think the pattern is cute, easy and customizable. The shrug is a little tight under the arms due to the shortness of the border, but will probably stretch out over time. I also used Elizabeth Zimmermann's stretchy sewn bind-off. Other than being a little splitty, Cathay was actually pretty good to work with and I would use it again.

I also started another summer knit in bamboo yarn, also from the stash.



It's a crappy picture, I know. I'll post a new one soon once I finish the waist ribbing.

No comments: