Wednesday, September 12, 2007

It's bumpy...

and stripey...


and pointy!
It's a Baby Surprise Jacket! So many babies, so little time until they are all due! I finally finished a complicated long slow (and unbloggable) baby gift, and I'm just flying through this one. This is a week's worth of progress, and I'm nearly done! The pattern is the Garter Stitch Baby Surprise Jacket by Elizabeth Zimmerman, published in Knitting Workshop, and the yarn is three balls of greenish Lana Grossa Mega Stoppino, in different colorways. I'm not sure how big this is going to turn out, but it'll be plenty big enough for the baby to grow into. I may also need to pick up another ball, but I'll wait and see. This is a very fun knit, and I still have now idea how this will turn into a sweater, but I'll probably be done on the weeked, so I'll find out soon enough. From now on, every pregnant couple I know will get a BSJ so I can have more knitting time for myself!

Ivanova

2 comments:

KimT said...

the bsj looks great so far!

IvanovaKnits said...

Thanks!