Friday, March 17, 2006

Coronet #1


Well, it was supposed to be one of my many handmade Christmas gifts, but this one didn't get finished in time. I completed it in January and gave it to my sister's boyfriend before taking a picture of it. In my haste, I forgot to... I was rushing since, well, baby it was cold outside and he had no hat. Anyway, I had them over to my place a few weeks ago to watch a few episodes of Smallville (one of my few guilty pleasures) which gave me an opportunity to finally snap a shot. I wanted a photo reminiscent of a hilarious shot I saw on "you knit what".


Except that he looks really happy instead of scared and dejected. Probably because the hat's just so amazing. Yeah... That's it....

Anyway, the pattern is Coronet from Knitty. I used the yarn specified in the pattern, which is Lamb's Pride Worsted. This was my first attempt at cabling and I'm pretty pleased with the results. It really wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.

2 comments:

thraceknits said...

Hee - great picture. The hat looks really cosy.

delennknits said...

Thanks! Yeah, epecially since the band folds over. It's nice and warm for your ears.