Monday, June 05, 2006

FO and something new

Finishing projects is a good thing. This poor neglected scarf was started well over a year ago.

Pattern

This is the Alien Scarf out of Stitch 'n Bitch: The Knitter's Handbook. The shadow knitting pattern is pretty clever and I'll definitely wear this in fall.

Yarn

Shepherd Colour 4 Me 8 ply on US 7 needles. Overall, I wasn't too happy with this yarn (it was available when the local yarn stores were back-ordered on Cascade, Black Sheep and other worsted weight wools that sell an appropriate green colour). I found broken plies and knots in the skeins, and it pills like crazy.

Mods

None. There is a mistake in the chart in earlier editions of the book, so let the knitter beware. I also put a little bit of No-Fray at the ends of the fringe.

I also have a new project on the needles. I cast on for the back while traveling for work at the end of April. The ribbing is nasty-slow but the lace pattern practically knits itself. Blogger is being flaky right now, so I'll post the photos of the completed back and right front in progress later.

No comments: