Sunday, April 08, 2007

Spring is finally here...

...so capelet season is rapidly approaching! I pulled the Lace and Cables Capelet (from VK Holiday 2006) out of my UFOs basket, and started knitting the cables chart of the piece. Here's
a pic of the progress so far...
I think it's enormously wide, and not very long, but I suppose blocking will rectify that. And I'm liking the way the black Rowan Yorkshire Tweed looks with the mystery handpaint, so I resisted the urge to pick up 2 more hanks at the Easter Market. The burgundy flecks in the tweed pull it all together, so all's good, I hope. Here's a bad detail shot.
Now I'll probably put away the sweater knitting soon, and concentrate exclusively on lace for the summer months, so I have to balance the easy and hard lace projects, as well as the lace gift
(that will be unexpected by the recipient) and other knitted gifts. Woof! Too much! Must decrease the stash!

Ivanova

No comments: