Thursday, November 17, 2005


I finally finished "Childhood" from Knitty. I used Lemongrass and Maize Mission Falls cotton. Unfortunately, since I'm a bit of a n00b, the finished dimensions didn't really work out. The striped bands at the front are supposed to overlap. If I did that, I think that I would end up choking my friend's baby. So I found some metal clasps and I think that it still looks pretty nice. I think that it ended up longer than it was wide since the pattern asks you to knit for a certain length before shaping the armholes. Clearly I screwed up the gauge across. Oh, well... For a first attempt at something with pieces that I had to sew together, I'm pretty happy with the result.


1 comment:

IvanovaKnits said...

That is sooo cuuute! I love the clasps! Beautiful!