Thursday, December 21, 2006

An early Urban Decay Saturday

I know it's not Saturday, but I saw this

and couldn't resist. Plus, my hotel has free high speed internet access, and I check out tomorrow to go visit both sets of parents, and who knows what the internet situation will be there, so there ya go. I know it seems like I have a penchant for graffitti, but I SWEAR I will post some other varieties of urban decay in the future. I just love this angle, it looks like the girl is taking a bite out of the poster boards. And like she is perplexed, like the gauge of her WIP is nowhere near that of her gauge swatch. Has that happened to you? It's certainly happened to me...

Here is a pic of the other mom mitten, finished today and photographed in unnatural light on a hotel room bed. Finally! Now I have to finish 1.4 mittens for Delenn... knitting against the clock, gotta love it.



I have to admit, I like being back on the continent. I found the last copy of Interweave Knits in the large box book store, and it was a little beaten up, but I bought it anyways. Reading knitting magazines is nice, and I can't read German knitting magazines yet. And, as I was examining one of a million machine-knit cabled sweaters that seem to be all the rage in malls this season, the sales girl nearly yanked the hand knit Noro Kureyon scarf from my neck, and squealed "Where did you get this, it's gorgeous!". I thought that was pretty funny, and I told her about knitting and where to get Noro in this city where I don't live. Yes, I'm a nerd who picks hotels based on availability of internet access, and I look things up like LYS and button shops before going shopping. I admit it. Merry Christmas,

Ivanova

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice (both photo and mitten) - where in Montreal did you take the photo?

(it's snowing in SLC, lots and lots of snow)

IvanovaKnits said...

This little gem was on St. Catherine, somewhere west of St. Denis and east of Bleury, across the street from good old Foufoune Electrique.