Saturday, January 13, 2007

The brewery is coming down...

It is currently falling apart, and the city will tear it down soon. This local brewery has been in it's current location for so long, they named the street Brauweg (brew-way or brew street, I think). Will they re-name the street once it's gone? Probably not, but it will be weird to walk down Brauweg with no Brauhaus. They'll probably put up condos or something.

So I've been knitting something...
My apologies for the faded-out photos, I tried to photoshop them, they were dark and somewhat blurry. Harrumph. In my experience, dark yarns do not photograph well. Or I suck at taking photos. Or both. So... what is it? I'll let you people out there guess, but here's a few hints. The yarn is a Rowan tweed 4 ply (color claret), whose name got the company caught up with a copyright infringement case. So then the yarn line became Yorkshire tweed, then Scottish tweed. As far as I can tell, they are more or less the same line. What's up with that?

So here's a picture to scale the needle size:
The big needle with a few rows is a US 8 (5 mm) with the beginnings of the left front of my blue tweed cabled sweater. I finished the sleeve this week, and I will try to take decent photos in natural light tomorrow. These needles are tiny. I couldn't find a US 2 (2.75 mm) needle, so I'm using a 2.5 mm needle instead. Tiny! The smallest needle I have ever used.

Now for the detail shot...
Again, it's all faded out, but you can make out the texture. Is it the one thing I said I would never knit (a sock)? Wait and see...

Ivanova

No comments: